Interesting things you will learn from this Episode
- Carrie is a runner and has a completed a few half marathons.
- Exercise is energizing for Carrie during the business day. It is the time she usually listens to a business book.
- Carrie loves people from the Office Hours community who actively participate during the show.
- The podcast started as Genesis Office Hours. The podcast originally addressed questions that came in through the contact form on the website that were Genesis specific.
- The podcast changed and developed as different guests joined the show.
- In 2016 the show has been focused on business and is scheduled in seasons.
Content and Publishing
- Content can be published on an individual WordPress site or another forum such as Medium. Just publish!
- Officehours.fm has been a successful tool to deliver content, but Carrie’s blog still provides the most comprehensive information.
- When you are writing and publishing your content, make sure that you own the data on your site.
- Major companies should use services where they own their own data and migrate it if they ever need to.
- People who have businesses that have been successful over the years take care of themselves and their business.
- The WordPress Community seems very family friendly.
- It is important to make sure that your taxes and bookkeeping are in order. Use a professional to keep everything up to date.
- Stretch yourself to take on a project where you are not an expert.
- Make sure to take a break when you are “not feeling it”.
Important Links from this Episode
Carrie Dils Twitter
Office Hours Community
WordPress for blogging
Medium for publishing
WP Term Meta
Preparing a Video podcast for an mp3
Bourbon for Grid
Utility Pro Theme
Know the Code