- People need to worry about security regardless of the size of their business.
- Protip: Take an interest and get up to speed with website security.
- Sitelock was created because there were not a lot of affordable solutions that were available for small business owners that offered 24 x 7 support. SiteLock provides a wide range of security solutions (including a firewall) for website owners.
SiteLock & WordPress
- SiteLock has become diligent in becoming recognized the WordPress Community by sponsoring and attending WordCamps.
- Site owners can address security vulnerabilities on their WordPress websites by reviewing and removing plugins that are NOT being used.
The importance of data
- Security researchers at Sitelock are looking and reviewing security vulnerabilities daily. (US-CERT)
- Many vulnerability trends are being identified from scans of websites.
- Sitelock is able to scale from small to large business as you grow.
Encryption, Server Security, and E-Commerce
- Hosts will typically handle the security for the servers and the network.
- Encryption is mandatory for an eCommerce site.
- PCI compliance is necessary when credit cards are being used on a site. You should have your merchant manage the credit card data.
- Https will encrypt the data for site owners.
- Be careful in thinking that SSL is all you need to secure your site.