This is the official kickoff Officehours.fm Season 2! It starts with the theme Growing Your Business Skills. This year I’m switching to “themed” seasons, each one consisting of 12 weeks touching on specific topics related to the season’s theme. The reason for the change? By introducing more continuity between episodes, I want to help listeners more successful in their business, whether you’re freelancers running a business or working full time for an agency.
Proposed Themes for 2016
Season 2 (Q1) – Growing your Business Skills
Here’s an idea of the topics we’ll discuss in Season 2:
- Setting Goals – Participate in a Mastermind where you say your goals out loud, being challenged on them and held accountable for them.
- Surround yourself with Mentors to see how they operate their businesses. (6:49)
- How to Value price yourself – Kurt Bowman’s Art of Value – moving from flat to value pricing. Getting past imposter syndrome. (8:11)
- Lead Nurturing
- How to Market yourself – Attend Conferences that are not just WordCamps but concentrate on business. (Like Pressnomics ) which is for more for meeting WordPress business people and CaboPress concentrates on smaller single sessions with networking and assistance. (9:00)
- How to do your finances
Season 3 (Q2) – Growing your Consulting and Project Income
Season 4 (Q3) – Growing Your Passive and Alternate Revenue Streams
Season 5 (Q4) – Growing Your Tech Skill Set
Important Links and Mentions from this Episode
- Chris Lema
- Tom McFarlin
- Curtis McHale
- Kurt Bowman’s Art of Value
- PressNomics – March 3 – 4, 2016
- Topher DeRosia
- Chris Handy
Thank You for Tuning In!
The purpose of officehours.fm is to serve listeners – I welcome your feedback anytime at [email protected] Please feel free to submit the topics that you would like to hear about. Next week we will have Topher DeRosia from HeroPress to discuss Building Relationships and Community to help your business.
Also, kindly consider taking the time to leave a review on iTunes or Stitcher if you find these episodes useful. I appreciate them greatly!