The secret to making money while you sleep is to only sleep two hours – Bob Dunn
- Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb and try new things.
- Break out of the WordPress bubble by attending different business conferences.
- Training on new things shows up in the blog on Bob’s site.
- There is a fine line between training and support.
- Membership sites are great for online courses when you have a niche.
- Membership sites can be a lot of work when you also need to maintain content.
- Affiliate Income – Affiliates are built over time. It is better if you share products that you use.
- Sponsorship – A sponsored review is a great way to get a spot on the blog or podcast.
- Sponsored reviews can be approached as a tutorial showing what can be done with the plugin or theme.
- It is important to find a niche in WordPress training videos.
- You can sell corporate training if you can hit the company at the right time.
- If you are dreading something in your business or have a gut feeling about something that does not feel right, do not be afraid to change direction.
- Podcasting can be audio or video. Adding video provides an additional marketing channel.
- Use video if you like interacting face to face with someone.
- There are multiple channels for content with video and audio.
- It is important to build trust in the WordPress community. You can invite people you know to your podcast.
- Podcasts can be done without a sponsor if you do not have one for the episode.