Hack the Entrepreneur with Jon Nastor is published three times a week and is syndicated across the Rainmaker platform.
The Showrunner is another weekly Podcast about Podcasting with Jon Nastor and Jerod Morris.
On Finding New Audiences
- Webinars and Blab Sessions
- Facebook Live
- Writing and blogging for audiences
- Content Marketing Strategy is to go wide for content and pay attention to branding of the Podcast.
- Three shows a week pushes the algorithm for iTunes.
- Extend your reach. Jon wrote for Entrepreneur magazine and accepted invitations to be on other Podcasts.
- Produce a lot of content that is intended to be educational, entertaining and inspiring.
- Think about the ONE person who can benefit from hearing your podcast.
- Create a call to action to get people on the show.
- You can promote the sponsors through Tweeting, Facebook and a sponsor’s spot for the episode.
- Recording the Podcast is typically done in one day. Jon tries to record what will be published for the week.
- Create a small video asking people to be on your show.
On Monetizing Podcasts
- Indirect sponsorship seems to work for short bursts or branding.
- Do your own advertisements and control your own offers.
- Create a show that covers the top 10 Episodes and offer a sponsorship.
- Be willing to hear “No” over and over again for sponsorship when you start and do not take it personally.
Important Links from this Episode
Hack the Entrepreneur
Velocity Page is support only
Jon on Twitter
Jon on Facebook