If you’ve ever sorted through child themes for the Genesis Framework looking specifically for those with e-commerce support, you know the selection is minimal. Of those themes, the majority only offer WooCommerce support.
This week Web Savvy Marketing released a very special WordPress eCommerce theme — Jessica — that includes support for not just one but three major e-commerce plugins (iThemes Exchange, WooCommerce, and WP E-Commerce).
The theme for this week? E-commerce! Specifically, considerations for theme developers and working with e-commerce plugins. On this episode we’ll be speaking with Jessica’s creator, Rebecca Gill, along with Cory Miller (founder of iThemes), Justin Sainton (lead developer for WPEC), and Daniel Espinoza (our favorite Woo expert).
Ecommerce Plugins We Talked About:
- iThemes Exchange – great, simple (but powerful) e-commerce plugin
- WooCommerce – great for people wanting to scale up to a large e-commerce platform with many users
- WP E-Commerce – one of the earliest and most complex WordPress e-commerce plugins (very mature in the market)
- WooCommerce Subscriptions – Offer products and services that require recurring payments in your WooCommerce Store
- iThemes Exchange Invoice – Send invoices with WordPress
Favorite Payment Gateway:
- Sprout Apps – WordPress apps for small businesses
- How To Invoice Your Clients Using WordPress – roundup of invoicing plugins for WordPress
- WP Members – membership plugin recommended by a GOH listener (note: I’ve not tried it)
- How to Invoice Your Clients – a n00b’s guide