This week I’ve got a very special guest – You! I opened up the Google Hangout to anyone who wanted to join and had several of you jump on to ask questions and just shoot the bull. If you liked this format and would like to see it again, please let me know!
Show Notes & Links
Themes & Things
- Rainmaker from CopyBlogger – a turnkey solution for online sales/marketing website. Check out the Genesis Office Hours episode with Brian Gardner to hear him talk more about Rainmaker.
- In the Beginning – Mobile-first, Sass starter theme loosely based on the Genesis Sample Theme (free to use, also free to contribute to!)
- _s (underscores) – WordPress starter theme
- Entrepreneur Themes – a new venture from Bourn Creative.
- Resources to Learn Sass – a compilation of Sass resources
- For Genesis tutorials here are some great resources: billerickson.net, sridharkatakam.com, gamajo.com, briangardner.com, and of course, right here.
- Lynda.com – free 7 trial!
Plugins & Tools to make your life better
- LeadPages – landing page generator (“squeeze page”) that I just recently started using. For an example of a LeadPage on my site, check out carriedils.com/subscribe. It’s got quick templates you can use as a basis for an email opt-in (or a sales page) and also let’s you set up A/B testing pretty easily.
- Ultimate Coming Soon plugin – this is a great “coming soon” plugin in its own right, but could potentially be used as a quick/ghetto sort of squeeze page.
- Conductor Plugin – New plugin from Matt Medeiros and his posse at Slocum Studio.
- Migrate DB Pro – Copy your database from one WordPress install to another with one click in your dashboard
- Desktop Server – Creating local development test sites right on your desktop that work just like real world servers.
- Premium software I’m willing to pay for – some thoughts about tools/plugins that “earn their keep” around here
- WooCommerce Facebook Tab – list your products in a tab on a Facebook page (thanks Daniel Espinoza for the tip!)
Time tracker tools