This was the first non-live episode of Genesis Office Hours! Thank you to the folks who submitted questions ahead of time for my guests. It was a pleasure to chat with Angie and Curtis – two motivated and smart people improving their WordPress businesses one day at a time.
In this episode, they talk about matching the right solution to a project and how that relates to value-based pricing. We also discussed building professional confidence and making the transition from smaller projects to larger-scale work. I love Curtis’ and Angie’s honesty as they discuss the hiccups in their freelancing journeys and how they have pushed through to build better businesses.
Curtis McHale – Owner of SFN Design Agency. He focuses on membership and e-commerce sites and writes regularly about running a smart business. In his spare time, he rides his bike across the continent.
- How to dominate in a niche WordPress business – MattReport interview with Angie Meeker
- How to become a better freelancer and find the right clients – MattReport interview with Curtis McHale
- The Freelancer’s Show – podcast (Curtis is a regular guest)
- How to Determine Value and Set Pricing with Kirk Bowman
- The E-Myth Revisited – A great read for business owners by Michael Gerber
- The Virtual Assistant Solution – by Michael Hyatt
- Scoping a Project – the Discovery Process
- Not Fully Focused – some thoughts on business overlap by Curtis McHale
- Bidsketch – Write client proposals fast
- Tomato Timer – 25 minute timer to boost productivity by working in focused blocks